Approach and Principles
In order to maintain our social and legal license to operate and raise finance, we are committed to developing our projects and operations in accordance with global best practice and the requirements and expectations of current and future stakeholders.
This means that in the development and operation of our mines, we will abide by or apply the following regulations and guidelines, either in part or in their entirety:
- laws and regulations of the countries we operate in;
- laws and regulations of the stock exchanges that we are listed on;
- tools and guidelines as provided by the International Council of Mining and Metals;
- International Finance Corporation (IFC’s) Policy and Performance Standards on Environmental and Social Sustainability and Access to Information;
- The United Nations Global Compact, The Ten Principals;
- International Cyanide Management Code; and
- ISO 14000 and 14001 Management Systems.